I seem to recall him and his dodgy agent son were in trouble for the sort of thing he was talking about when he was at Bolton, so its not the first time he has been caught out. One match in charge of England was one too many, lets use this opportunity to scrap internationals and the international breaks once and for all.
The English Football Association have binned 4000 T-shirts with a Sam Allardyce slogan which they were going to hand out to England fans. The T-shirts were due to be given out for England's World Cup qualifier with Malta on October 8, according to the Daily Mail. But the FA have been forced to throw them out after Allardyce lost his job after just 67 days following an undercover newspaper sting. The T-shirts had written on them: "The journey starts with us all pulling together," which Allardyce said on the day he was announced as Roy Hodgson's successor.
Sam Allardyce could face a penalty ranging from a fine to anything as much as a total ban from football, Football Association chief executive Martin Glenn said after allegations made by the Daily Telegraph against England's shortest-serving manager.
Glenn's comments come as Allardyce left his role as England manager by mutual consent after just 67 days this week.
The Telegraph claimed that they had filmed Allardyce telling journalists posing as businessmen from the Far East that it was possible to "get around" FA rules banning third-party ownership of players, and struck a £400,000 deal to represent the fake company. Speaking to reporters on Friday, Glenn said Allardyce could be charged with bringing the game into disrepute, the punishment for which "could range from a fine to a ban. That's what the history shows. That's for a tribunal to decide", Glenn added. Glenn said the decision had not been easy to arrive at and that "the easy decision was to keep him and tough it out". Glenn also added that the FA had been clear with Allardyce about his responsibilities and caution around who he discussed FA matters with. "It wasn't the case that he was left like an innocent in the woods. Which is why the thing was ever more a surprise," Glenn said, as well as adding that questions about Allardyce's past were acknowledged during the recruitment process. Referring to allegations made by a BBC Panorama programme in 2006 about Allardyce's involvement in transfer irregularities made in a BBC Panorama programme, Glenn said: "We knew he was a man of the world, we knew there had been a Panorama inquiry a few years ago. "We referenced him widely. He's Sam, he's loud, he's brash but he is in the middle of the fairway in terms of behaviour. So I think that the reason I felt let down was, I guess, the surprise factor of it." Allardyce is one of a number of figures in football accused of wrong-doings by the Telegraph in a series of articles published over the last week. Others implicated in the undercover investigation include former Aston Villa caretaker manager and assistant manager at Southampton, Erik Black, as well as former Spurs and West Ham manager, Harry Redknapp.
Post by Football News on Oct 13, 2016 15:09:03 GMT
Sam Allardyce leaves 'dream' England manager job after one game in charge
• Allardyce departs with Gareth Southgate taking over for next four games • Reign as England manager lasts only 67 days
Sam Allardyce, who had insisted he could succeed where so many others had failed in making England a force again in world football, has lost his job in the aftermath of an undercover newspaper investigation.
Allardyce, who was appointed England manager 67 days ago after the national side’s Euro 2016 humiliation, had described the role as his dream job.
But the former Bolton Wanderers and West Ham United manager now finds himself hugely embarrassed after his departure was announced on Tuesday night, despite leaving with a 100% record following an unconvincing 1-0 victory against Slovakia in his only international match in charge.
Allardyce’s future was thrown into doubt on Monday night when the Telegraph published the results of an undercover investigation that showed him negotiating a fee of £400,000 to represent an overseas firm that was hoping to profit from Premier League transfers, before he had even named his first squad.
A dramatic day began with the FA chief executive, Martin Glenn, and the newly appointed chairman, Greg Clarke, arriving at Wembley for a series of crisis meetings, as Allardyce set off for Wembley from his Bolton home. It ended with news filtering out to the media crews huddled outside that a “deeply disappointed” Allardyce had agreed to quit by “mutual consent”. He will be replaced for the next four matches, against Malta, Slovenia, Scotland and Spain, by the under-21 manager, Gareth Southgate.
Alongside a general impression of greed that will not have played well with fans or an FA workforce that has recently undergone a round of redundancies, there were specific issues in the taped conversations that the FA felt it could not ignore.
Allardyce also offered advice on how to “get around” the FA’s own regulations on third-party ownership, was disparaging about his predecessor Roy Hodgson’s speech impediment, said that assistant Gary Neville should “sit down and shut up”, and criticised the FA’s “stupid” -Wembley redevelopment.
Sam Allardyce arrives back at his home in Bolton. Photograph: Paul Currie/BPI/REX/Shutterstock While some of those remarks could have been explained away as embarrassing indiscretions, the advice on circumventing the FA’s own transfer regulations was particularly problematic ahead of a week in which it may be forced to announce investigations into other elements of the Telegraph’s revelations.
“Allardyce’s conduct, as reported today, was inappropriate of the England manager. He accepts he made a significant error of judgment and has apologised,” the FA said in a statement.
“However, due to the serious nature of his actions, the FA and Allardyce have mutually agreed to terminate his contract with immediate effect. This is not a decision that was taken lightly, but the FA’s priority is to protect the wider interests of the game and maintain the highest standards of conduct in football. The manager of the England men’s senior team is a position which must demonstrate strong leadership and show respect for the integrity of the game at all times.”
Allardyce said he was “deeply disappointed” after offering a “sincere and wholehearted apology” for his actions.
“Although it was made clear during the recorded conversations that any proposed arrangements would need the FA’s full approval, I recognise I made some comments which have caused embarrassment,” Allardyce said. “As part of today’s meeting, I was asked to clarify what I said and the context in which the conversations took place. I have co-operated fully in this regard.”
If the manner of Allardyce’s “mutually agreed” exit – a day of fevered speculation that ended in an outcome that felt increasingly inevitable – did not feel unusual in taking its place among a string of similarly premature and controversial departures by some of his predecessors, then the length of his reign certainly was.
The 61-year-old said in July he was “extremely honoured” and promised to return the feelgood factor to an England setup demoralised by a Euro 2016 defeat to Iceland that led to the departure of Hodgson. Handed a £3m-a-year contract, plus bonuses, he said he had fulfilled his lifetime’s ambition by taking over as England manager. But he leaves with the unwanted record of the shortest managerial reign for a permanent appointee.
The FA said it had turned to Allardyce following a “comprehensive and structured” process led by Glenn but also including vice-chairman, David Gill, and technical director, Dan Ashworth. Clarke, the former Football League chairman who took the same role at the FA in August, was not involved in the decision to appoint Allardyce and was believed to take a particularly dim view of the revelations.
If Southgate impresses he could take the job on a permanent basis, with the FA keen to develop more of a co-ordinated approach across its teams.
Post by Football News on Oct 13, 2016 15:09:23 GMT
Sam Allardyce losing England job was my fault, admits Scott McGarvey
• Agent who arranged meeting for Daily Telegraph sting apologises • ‘I can understand if he doesn’t speak to me again’
The football agent Scott McGarvey believes Sam Allardyce losing his job as England manager over the Daily Telegraph sting was an overreaction by the Football Association.
Allardyce’s reign lasted just 67 days after undercover journalists posing as businessmen filmed him arranging to earn extra money by doing motivational speeches for a bogus far east firm.
The former West Ham and Sunderland manager was also caught on camera mocking Roy Hodgson, offering advice on how to bypass FA transfer rules and criticising his employers and as a result he lost his job after both parties agreed he could not carry on.
Allardyce attended the meeting at a hotel in London after it was arranged by McGarvey, who admits that Allardyce should hold him responsible for how events unfolded.
Asked on Sky Sports News how he felt about Allardyce losing his job, he said: “Very surprised. I’m devastated for him. I can’t think of anything worse that could have happened.
“He’s got to feel I’m responsible because I’m the one who’s brought him to the meeting but he’s only come for me.
“He’s never once spoken about money. He’s never once said anything about money. It was only: ‘Are you OK, lad? I’ll help you.’
“Do I think he holds me responsible? I think he’s known me for a long, long time. He knows that I’d never do that to him or to anybody in football.
“I can understand if he doesn’t speak to me again. I need to respect that, but I hope not because we go back a long way.
“It might take a bit of time because I know how hurt he is at losing the England job.
“It doesn’t matter if you’re the manager of Crewe and you lose your job but if you’re the manager of England and you lose your job after one game, it’s a joke.”
McGarvey, who is also implicated in similar stings on the QPR manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and the Southampton assistant Eric Black, believes that they were entrapped with a “capital E” by the newspaper.
He also claims that when he first started talking to the undercover journalists, Allardyce was still at Sunderland.
“Capital E. Absolutely. One hundred per cent,” he added. “This is not Monday to Friday. This is 13 weeks of dozens of emails, hundreds of texts, hundreds of calls and bringing more than seven or eight innocent people into this story.
“He [Allardyce] only came for me. A hundred per cent for me. When I told him I had this opportunity. I phoned him up and said I had the chance of getting this job and it looked very good and they were looking for someone to do motivational speaking.
“The key to this is, I spoke to Sam when he was Sunderland manager, he wasn’t the England manager.
“The first meeting I had with them, Sam was Sunderland manager. I assumed it would be motivational speaking in the off season.
“That was all it was about. I phoned Sam and he said: ‘Would it help you?’ I said it would definitely help and he said: ‘Go on, lad. No problem.’ That was it.”