Post by Everton News. on Sept 11, 2018 11:20:46 GMT
Everton Football Club today announces that major shareholder Farhad Moshiri has further committed to and increased his shareholding in the Club.
Farhad Moshiri previously owned 49.9 per cent of the Club and in line with the agreement made at the time of his original investment, he has purchased 18.7 per cent through Blue Heaven Holdings Ltd, giving him a total holding of 68.6 per cent, which is expected to increase to 77.2 per cent no later than July 2019.
Bill Kenwright the Everton chairman has given an update on the clubs stadium move and discussed Farhad Moshiri’s acquisition of more shares.
It’s been a big week for Everton after their majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri strengthed his grip on the club.
The Iranian triggered a clause in his initial move that allowed him to secure new shares.
Moshiri had 49.9% of shares before this week but now has 68.6% and is expected to increase his shares to 77.2% by next July.
Though, a new stadium is the most important factor in Everton’s future right now. The club have been looking to secure the funding and designs for a new stadium on the docks of Liverpool.
That move is much needed if they are to compete commercially with the Premier League top six.
Now, Bill Kenwright has been talking about that move and has explained that things are moving forward slowly.
“I am more than excited about the prospect of going to the dock in Liverpool and having that major position,” he explained to TalkSPORT.
“But as we always say, any new stadium at this moment has to be carefully planned and thought out. I mean, you look at the problems poor Daniel Levy’s having at Tottenham… it’s step by step and step by step.
“The architect’s working hard, the council are with us, the funding is going ahead – but we are not there yet.
“But it is a very exciting prospect.” Kenwright was also talking about Moshiri’s acquisition of new shares and he’s positive about his leadership and support going forward.
“I don’t have to tell you the commitment he’s given to Everton, both in terms of time and finance, – he’s put hundreds of millions into the club – and I think there was a part of him now that wanted that extra shareholding with the new stadium coming up,” he continued.
“I think it will help in that it’s further finance for the club, but I don’t know if he did it with massive ulterior motives.”